Thursday, February 18, 2010

Martin Saber


Well, we finally got it all sorted out and I brought my new bow home last night. Phil also got one along with six other friends. Bill at Dave's said it's the largest transaction he's done for bows.

We all got the Martin Saber in different pull weights. Mine is a 55-70lb. We also purchased sights, rests, quivers, triggers, and arrows (not in photo). Looks like we'll be starting up our own archery club. Hopefully we'll learn how to use these contraptions and build some muscle so we can actually use them. Phil and I are both interested in trying hunting with them next fall.
 
Technical specifications of our bows:
Speed: 315-320 FPS (70#, 30”, 350 gr.)
Let-Off: 80% (adjustable)
Draw Weights: 50#, 60#, 70#
Draw Lengths: 25” to 30”
Brace Height: 7”
Weight: 3.5 lbs.
Axle Length: 32 1/4”

A few of us are interested in more traditional archery which I'm researching now. I hope to build my own longbow. More coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment