Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Exercise


Every now and then I make for myself new physical exercise goals. Sometimes I want to build my endurance and make a goal to run a decided distance in a certain amount of time. Or maybe I want to build strength and work on doing more push-ups or chin-ups. Often working towards these goals means lots of hard work and sometime getting up earlier or passing on some activities. I tend to be very driven and will often go to great lengths to attain these goals.

Today in my Bible reading I came across 1 Timothy 4:8

"For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come." 

I began thinking, do I put the same effort into Spiritual exercise as I have been my physical? I have to admit I've failed here. I've heard this verse several times but today it caught me differently. I challenged myself to put just as much effort into Spiritual exercise as I have been the physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment